On the View Menu, click Search Results..., or click the button on the toolbar.
After a search is complete, you can return to the Search Results dialog box at any time to view other topics that appeared in the search results. See Searching the system for a word or phrase and Searching for a block or tag in the database for explanations on how to perform searches.
- File: Gives you the options to Save your search results to a text file, Print your search results, or Exit the dialog box.
- Topics Containing Search Key: Lists all of the topics which match the search text. Topics are listed in decreasing order of hit frequency. You can select a topic to view by clicking on it, and then clicking on the Go To button. You can also jump to a topic by simply double clicking on it.
- Keep Open: Keeps the dialog box open while you move around the different topics.
- Go To: Jump to the currently selected topic in the Topics Containing Search Key list box. The Search Results dialog box will close when you perform a Go To unless you have the Keep Open box checked. You can close the Search Results dialog box at any time, without unchecking this box. Your search results will be retained until you search for something else. To re-open the Search Results dialog box after you’ve closed it, select the Search Results item from the View menu or press the Search Results button on the toolbar. When you Go To a block index, the source of the block is automatically displayed in the content pane.
- Show All: If you have limited the maximum number of search results that are to be displayed (done via the menu choice Options and the View tab or on the Advanced properties in the Full Text Search option ) then you can press this button to display all the results. You will know that there are more results to be displayed by the text that appears above the result list box - the text will appear in red (as shown in the example above) and the number of hits shown will be less than the number of hits found.
- Close button: Dismiss the Search Results dialog box. You can close the Search Results dialog box at any time. Your search results will be retained until you search for something else.
- Search Again: Click this to bring up the full text search dialog to better specify your search criteria. Any of the previous settings that you had selected for your search will be restored in the dialog to allow you to quickly refine your search without re specifying your previous search parameters.
- Each of the seven columns Topic Title, Loop, PCU, Module, Block, Group, and Hits are sizable and sortable. Click on the column title to sort.
Note: Next Search Hit and Previous Search Hit actually refer to the next and previous topics containing search hits. Next Highlight and Previous Highlight actually refer to the next and previous search hits within a given topic.