This section includes information on the number of documents that can be built, and what to do when licensing expires. BuildPlus requires licensing. It is fully licensed when your DBDOC USB dongle is installed on the machine running BuildPlus, or a software-based license is provided (available for DBDOC 11.2 or higher).
To update your USB dongle, or to request and apply a software-based license:
- Use BuildPlus → Help → DBDOC License to see your current license allocation and generate a .C2V file
- Contact GMCL with your new license requirements (different document count, different expiry date, etc.) and the .C2V file
- GMCL will send a .V2C file
- Select the .V2C file in the license dialog and Apply V2C
- The license on the dongle, or via software-onlly, should now be updated
- There is an unlimited duration license on purchase.
- Users will typically need one license for each computer running BuildPlus.
- Running Hyperview to view your project file does not require a license.
- Running CIULink to collect data from your system via CIUMon does not require a license, nor does CIUMon itself.
- If you cannot use the dongle, software-based licenses must be paid for in addition to your existing DBDOC support contract.
- If you are requesting a software license, ensure you removed any DBDOC hardware license dongles before running BuildPlus and generating the .C2V file.
- To migrate a software license from one system to another, contact GMCL.