To configure RoviSys Turbo's communications with your CIU:
- In RoviSys Turbo, right-click CIU in the left-hand pane, then click Properties. The Device Properties window appears.
For most people using DBDOC, we recommend that you:
- Change the Import exception report request rate to 60000 ms, unless you are using OPC tags.
- Select the Enable Turbo Polling check box.
- Select the Non-keyed output polling check box.
- Select the Enhanced Analog Precision check box.
Enable turbo polling
Normally, programs like Composer and DBDOC must get data from your system one block at a time, but "turbo mode" allows RoviSys Turbo to fetch multiple blocks at once. Using turbo mode, you can get data more quickly, while reducing the load on your system.
If you are having problems getting data with turbo mode, please contact us for help. We will work with RoviSys to make sure that you can get data reliably while benefiting from turbo mode's higher speeds and reduced load on your system. Meanwhile, to make sure that you are always able get data, you can temporarily disable turbo mode.
To disable turbo mode:
- Clear the Enable Turbo Polling box.
To enable turbo mode:
- Select the Enable Turbo Polling box.
Non-keyed output polling
Depending on how much data is being asked for, RoviSys Turbo can make multiple requests for data at once by using different "keyed" requests. However, you can usually get data more quickly if RoviSys Turbo is making only one request at a time. So, for most situations, we recommend setting RoviSys Turbo to make only one request at a time by selecting the Non-keyed output polling