Changing display options and live data update rate
Choose Options in the main menu to open the Properties for Hyperview dialog. Choose View to configure a large number of display options, and live data update options.
- Large icon toolbar: will display large toolbar buttons. If it is unselected, small toolbar buttons will be shown.
- Wrap toolbar: When the window is not big enough to display the whole toolbar, this setting allows you choose if the toolbar should be wrapped or the end will cut off in the display
- Full document path in title bar: Shows the full path to the .M14 file in the title bar.
- Magnify text on text documents by: Changes the text magnification for easier viewing. Values from 75 to 200 percent are reasonable factors.
- Log meta debug commands: Debugging feature.
- Open to Home page: Opens Hyperview to the selected Home Page
- Open to last viewed page: Saves the last document viewed before Hyperview is closed so that when it is reopened, the M14 will be opened to that document. This is the default setting.
Live Data Appearance and Communications
Live Data Appearance
- Live data font: Select the font to be used for live data (e.g. live loop annotations).
- Live loop annotation text size: Will change the size of the text in the live loop annotations.
Live Data Communications
- Update interval (in seconds): Specify the interval at which Hyperview will request data from the CIU. You can enter in fractions of seconds, setting the interval down to as low as 0.25 seconds.
- Stale data interval (in seconds): Number of seconds after which data displayed on a document or in a live loop annotation will be considered "stale". Generally stale data will be "grayed out" compared to non-stale data. The stale data interval must be larger than the update interval.
- Enable beta networking code: DBDOC 10.4 contains a reimplementation of some of the network communications between Hyperview and CIUMon (the "beta networking code"). The new code improves responsiveness and provides enhanced connectivity information, but is not compatible with Windows 2000. It has also encountered difficulties in certain situations in the field, and testing and development is ongoing. If you enable this option, and your live data appears to work normally, then use it. You will get the benefit of faster and more detailed network connectivity information. If you enable this option, and live data stops working, then disable it. Hyperview will still function normally.
- Enable networking log: Debugging feature.
- Enable live data for all blocks: Attempt to fetch on-document live data for unknown blocks. By default, Hyperview will not attempt to fetch on-document data for blocks which have no source in the configuration built into the M14 and which have not been specifically marked as available in BuildPlus. This prevents problems in most systems, but may cause problems if the sources for some blocks are not in your M14. Earlier versions of Hyperview always attempted to fetch on-document data for unknown blocks.
Search Settings and Annotations
- Max displayed search hits: Set the maximum number of search hits that will be displayed in the Search Results dialog. Entering 0 (zero) means that there is no limit.
- Text size: Set the font size for text annotations.
- Folders to Search for External Files Specify additional folders to search for external PDF and TIF files (the locations specified in the M14 will be searched first). Separate paths with a vertical bar |. For more information see Viewing external files.
Restoring Supressed Dialogs
- Reset to show all suppressed dialogs: Checking this option will ensure that all dialog that have had Don't show this again indicated will be reset, and will reappear when they are next triggered.
Note: Support for resetting and restoring general preferences has been removed as of DBDOC 10.4.