Running BuildPlus with command line switch /build
This switch performs a complete build of one specified project (starting with the .RAW file already generated by the Project Wizard).
The basic syntax of the /build command is:
- <INSTALLED_PROGRAM_LOCATION>\BUILDPLUS /build <BUILD_DIRECTORY> /<OTHER SWITCH>
- <INSTALLED_PROGRAM_LOCATION> would typically be the default "C:\Program Files\GMCL\DBDOC\Programs" (Note: the quotations are necessary because of the space in ‘Program Files’)
- <BUILD DIRECTORY> refers to the build root, for example C:\DBDOC_BUILDS
- <OTHER SWITCH> may be added to specify other options
For example, to build a project named "Demo project" in a build root C:\DBDOC_BUILDS, the command line would be:
- “C:\Program Files\GMCL\DBDOC\Programs\BuildPlus.exe” /build “C:\DBDOC_BUILDS\Demo project”
By default, when using the switch /build:
- during the build, only messages indicating errors are shown
- at the end of the build, temporary files are cleaned up
- the M14 file is renamed to include the project name and build date
- Hyperview is launched to display the M14 file
You can use additional switches to change these options, or to use programs from the Overrides directory. See Using other command line switches.